marți, 7 iunie 2011

Happiness




Happiness is different things to different people,
 but one thing’s for sure:
 happiness is a choice and a journey,
Finding happiness
Someone once quoted to me “When I was in primary school,
they told me to write down what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote down happy.
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. 
I told them they didn’t understand life.”
So what is it that makes us happy?
And is it the same everywhere in the world?
Money can’t buy happiness, love, friends etc.
And do you know what? It really can’t.
To me anyway, happiness is having my family and friends around me,
a roof above my head and being content inside.
To some, it might be knowing that you’ve studied enough to pass a test,
played a great game of sport or simply have a moment
to head to the beach and forget about study.
For others it might be going on holiday, getting a new car,
apartment or cell phone. 
In general people in the West tend to be more individualistic
and being happy is often seen as a reflection of
personal achievement or material wealth.
Around the world, happiness means different things to different people.
In the more community based nations for example, China and South Korea,
happiness and satisfaction is likely to come from 
fulfilling the expectations of family, self-discipline, cooperation
and meeting social responsibilities.
In some parts of the world, happiness is linked to religion.
In Japan, the ancient Shinto religion is woven into the lives
of all of the country’s citizens.
A happy life is a gift given from the Gods above.
For most Muslims true happiness is found in knowing their purpose in life
and by following the commands of God.
Happiness is an exclusive quality of the soul and therefore
cannot be attained by material success - money, power, fame, etc.
In Bhutan, a country which is one of the most isolated 
and least developed countries in the world, the wealth of the country
is measured in Gross National Happiness (GNH).
GNH was designed to protect the resources of Bhutan 
so they wouldn’t be exploited by the pursuit for development and national wealth.
Law states that not less than 65% of the land
must be covered in trees, and because of this law,
72% of Bhutan is covered in forest.
The laws of GNH state that the government must conserve
and promote Bhutanese culture, including language, art and national dress,
to ensure that these traditions are not lost.
In contrast most countries use Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
which measures economic output only.
Put simply, GDP measures a country’s level of happiness 
(or wellbeing) on its wealth, while GNH measures a country’s wealth
based on the level of happiness.
No one, in any part of the world, is going to be happy all the time,
in fact it would be kind of weird to be happy 24/7,
but despite our differences happiness is an integral part of people’s lives
all over the world.
In general it seems to depend less on what you have materially
and more on your social, mental and spiritual resources.
 not a result or a destination.
The Secret to happinessy: Love yourself, love yourself no matter what.
 Accept, understand yourself in all aspects of life.
 Never self-condemn, never condemn or judge others,
 and especially do not judge yourself or your situation.
 Flow with life and have faith in the future, if you feel guilt, hurt or shame from the past,
 forgive yourself  truly, and forgive your enemies.
 When you truly forgive, you recognise that your enemy has done nothing wrong,
 and thus, you set yourself free from thinking your hurt.
 A true happiness comes from whatever you truely belive in.
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself:
Not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be.
Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. 
Every day is a gift that you  should enjoy and make the most out of it ,
because you  only have one life to live and you  should not take it for granted.
Live life, Love life and Be Happy!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu